Spring is finally here (well, mostly here anyway, if you discount the random spring snow storms that we keep getting here in Denver) and like most times of season change, I find myself reflecting on my life and where I am and focusing on exciting changes and occurrences that I’m lucky enough to experience in the here-and-now. A few happy thoughts for a cold, cloudy Monday…
1. It was warm enough over the weekend to actually wear sandals. Other than Christmas, the breakout of the sandals and/or tank tops is one of my favorite days of the year.
2. B-cycle bikes are back, which means spring is here.
3. Amazing date with a normal guy who makes me laugh, and who seems to make time stand still.
4. Crepes and gossip with a great friend.
5. Birthday celebration with friends and family and laughter so hard I thought I might throw up.
6. Visit from my not-so-little-anymore brother. It wasn’t quite what I had pictured, but it was still fun (except for that auto breakdown on the highway) and it’s the first time in a long time that we had uninterrupted sibling time.
7. Pippi, my new car!
8. First BBQ of the season. AG and I aren’t quite grilling divas yet, but we’re confident we’ll master those skills before fall. (Thanks MT!)
9. Flowers are coming up in the yard. Small first “official” sign of spring. Means that warm weather and lilacs can’t be too far behind.
10. So far this semester, I’m pulling all A’s in class. I don’t expect this trend to continue, but since I haven’t had grades this good since high school, I’ll celebrate while I can.
11. Only 7ish more weeks until JW moves back to Denver! I’ve missed our wine nights like crazy (although my liver really hasn’t).
12. It’s time to start planning a garden. Again. I can’t wait–we’re expanding the backyard plot again this year, and my mind is already going nuts with ideas of what else I can plant. I think this year I’m going to try corn!
13. Fortunate side-effect of crazy work stress has been unexpected weight loss. Only 5 more pounds and I’ll be back to my 29-year old weight!
14. Upcoming visit from an old college friend = girls’ night out for the CC group.